Hi, I’m Kristen Cullen, owner and creator of Food First NJ–a nutritional therapy consulting business born out of my incredible belief in the power of food.
My deeper journey with food began when our then 2-month-old son was diagnosed with an allergic colitis. I was advised by a gastroenterologist either to continue nursing him and to stop eating dairy and soy or to feed him a hypoallergenic formula. I accepted the challenge and my incessant reading of ingredient labels began. Pandora’s box was opened. I learned then, and continue to learn now, the profound relationship between food and our health.
In addition to be being a NTP, I am a wife, stay at home mom of three, and nurse. I enjoy running, gardening, eating, traveling, cooking, watching movies with our kids, and spending time with friends.
Informed by my background as a nurse and my education in the nutritional field, and with a confidence born out of my success with maintaining a focus on real food in our home, I am certain I can help you achieve success- whatever your goals are.
- Certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner from Nutritional Therapy Association
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey, Retired Memorial Sloan Kettering Nurse Practitioner
- Licensed RESTART Instructor
- Certified Essential Oil Specialist from doTerra
- Community Organizer for Holistic Moms Network Morris County
- Member Weston A. Price Foundation
- Creator and Former Chairperson of Health & Wellness Committee at St Vincent Martyr School
- Master of Science in Nursing from New York University, Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Georgetown University