Hi, I’m Kristen Cullen, owner and creator of Food First NJ–a nutritional therapy consulting business born out of my incredible belief in the power of food.
My deeper journey with food began when our then 2-month-old son was diagnosed with an allergic colitis. I was advised by a gastroenterologist either to continue nursing him and to stop eating dairy and soy or to feed him a hypoallergenic formula. I accepted the challenge and my incessant reading of ingredient labels began. Pandora’s box was opened. I learned then, and continue to learn now, the profound relationship between food and our health.
In addition to being a NTP, I am a wife, stay at home mom of three, and nurse. I enjoy running, gardening, eating, traveling, cooking and biking with our kids. I also find the practices of acupuncture and applied kinesiology both fascinating and highly therapeutic.
Informed by my background as a nurse and my education in the nutritional field, and with a confidence born out of my own success with maintaining a gluten and dairy free home, I am certain I can help you achieve success- -whatever your goals are.
- Certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner from Nutritional Therapy Association
- Master of Science in Nursing from New York University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Georgetown University
- Licensed RESTART Instructor
- Member Weston A. Price Foundation, Holistic Moms Network, Innovative Parenting NJ
- Current Advisory Board Member for No Fuss Lunch
- Creator and Former Chairperson of Health & Wellness Committee at St Vincent Martyr School
- Retired Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Nurse Practitioner